Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A birthday and a funeral

This weekend we celebrated my birthday and had my grandma's funeral, and you know what, it was a really good weekend.

Friday night Sarah came over and we worked on our shop. We have a ton of new products that we're planning and making, and it was exciting to get back to work after the last couple weeks.

Saturday we went to an adorable little tea shop called Tyme For Tea. Sarah and Kiegan planned my party since I just wasn't in the right the right headspace to do it, and it was nice to just be told where to go and when to be there. We drank tea, had a few laughs, told a few stories, and then went our separate ways. It was a great little party with my nearest and dearest, and I loved it. After that, we decided to head to Round 1 for Purikura and video games, and then we came home so I could get a good nights sleep. it was lowkey, but I think I needed that this year.

I really wanted to go to the Women's March in San Francisco, but it was pointed out to me that we hadn't planned for that, it was cold and rainy out, and I had to be up early the next day.....so we didn't end up going. 

Yesterday we had my grandma's funeral, and the honest truth is I'm glad it's all over. For the last 36 days everything in my life has centered around my grandma. Her care, her health, her dying, her death....it was like having a full time job that just wore me out and made me sad. But now, now I feel like we can all move on. I know death isn't a "good" thing, and funerals aren't supposed to be happy occasions, but I actually had a lot of fun yesterday, spending time with family and friends I haven't seen in months or even years. And when I went to bed last night I had that feeling like a chapter had closed and it was time to start a new one. 

So here's to a new year, a new day, and a new chapter! *cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment